With Sweet Tea!

Welcome to With Sweet Tea! Hey y'all! I am so incredibly glad you dropped by. Most of the dishes you'll find here are authentic Southern recipes that have been lovingly handed down through my family for generations. For a while now, a few sweet folks on Facebook have been begging me to start sharing them online. I always meant to get around to it, but it wasn't until my grandbabies asked me to write down all my recipes that I knew I had to finally sit down and make this blog a reality. Keepin' It Real & Simple. Now, please don’t expect anything fancy around here! I’m just a down-home Southern cook who was taught everything I know by my mother and grandmother. Some of these recipes you have probably heard of before, while others might be completely new to your kitchen. Either way, my biggest hope is that you find something here that you and your family just absolutely love. If you do find a recipe that hits the spot, please leave me a comment or drop me a line! I have always loved hearing from my readers, and your messages truly make my day. A Quick Note on How I Cook (The "Eyeball" Method)I have a little confession to make: I am one of those cooks who never measures anything. I have made these dishes so many times that I can tell exactly how much to use just by looking at it. If a recipe calls for a cup of sugar, I’m not going to pull out a measuring cup—I’m just going to dump in the amount that looks like a cup to me! Because I want you to find success in your own kitchen, I am trying my absolute best to convert my everyday cooking into exact measurements for you. But please don't stress over it! As long as you follow along somewhat closely, you won't mess it up. Let's Get Cooking! Relax! Cooking is supposed to be fun. So come on, stop reading, and let's go have some fun in the kitchen! I love y'all, and Jesus does too.

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Mexican Chicken


 1 large bag of Tostitos crushed ( Party size)

3 or 4 large chicken breast

2 can of cream of mushroom soup

1 can of cream of chicken soup

1 can of Rotell tomatoes and green chillis (Find on the canned tomato aisle)

 I large onion diced ( I like to use green onions when I have them on hand.)

3 or 4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese ( I use the Mexican blend)

2 packs of taco seasoning or 3 tablespoons

Sour Cream optional


Boil chicken until done. Drain all but two cups of water from the chicken. Shred the chicken. Mix the taco seasoning into the chicken water. Pour this onto your shredded chicken mixing well. drain off any extra liquid and set aside.

In a bowl, mix together soups, Rotell, 3 heaping tablespoons of sour cream, and 1/2 cup of the seasoned water from the chicken.

put the shredded chicken in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle the onion on top. Put the crushed chips on top. Pour the soup mixture over the chips. Top with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 until the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.

I serve mine with sour cream on the top or on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message.